We have just returned from Paris and the wonderful Tradeshows they host - TRANOI, Who's NEXT and Premiere Classe. We found so many new things! We rented a little apartment right by the Louvre - love AirBnB - and we so enjoyed being in the center of this beautiful city, close to everything. We must have walked 100 miles that weekend!!
Trying to narrow our spring finds down to only 5 highlights? IMPOSSIBLE!! Ok, but here I go:
1) On our first day we walked miles and miles through the trade shows - one of which was located in an old Palais - a palace of sorts - and we saw so many fun new brands and we met great people from all over the world. On our way home we decided to pass up the very long taxi line - and Uber was not to be had, rush hour in Paris is quite busy so we - walked! ( little side tip: looking cute is important at Fashion Week - looking cute in comfortable boots: A MUST!)
cute little wrap bracelet from an artisan art market in paris
On our walk home we discovered this little art market in a side alley and so we HAD to stop in. We found the CUTEST wrap bracelets ever made - three different colors of cotton string with 3 tiny little bells and a disc that simply states MERCI attached! Just loved them. WELL, here is where our BIGGEST mistake happened!!!!!! We only brought back20 :(
2) At Premiere Classe we were finally able to meet back up with one of our favorite vendors from the Italian handbag brand GUM by Gianni Chiarini. It was so great to see the new spring/summer17 and fall/winter17 collection. Domitillia is one of our favorite ladies - such a stylish fun girl to place an order with! You wont believe your eyes when you see all the sweet bags, clutches and backpacks we brought back!
GUM spring collection. Hearts, Stars and fun bag accessories!!
3) A NEW FRIEND FROM AUSTRIA!!!!!!! Can you believe that we met a fellow Austrian in Paris. Sophia Mamas makes the BEST bracelets in the ENTIRE world. We are SO in love with SORBET BRACELETS from Austria - we can not wait till they arrive late February. Each of them is packaged so creatively - its hard to describe !
Each of the leather bracelets comes in a glass test tube with a little love note inside!
4) You can not help but notice all the stylish people in Paris. It was sunny and beautiful but very cold and windy. You know what no European is without? A scarf!
An absolute must have on cool days but oh so stylish when inside! So we are absolutely delighted to have placed an order with BECK SONDERGAARD of Denmark for beautiful, affordable scarves, socks, bags, hair accessories and beach bags! Lovely colors, great feel and our rep Karina is a hoot! Loved spending time with her!!
scarves for spring and summer .... lovely, stylish and versatile!
5) Ok. Could not fit everything into 5 highlights. So, read on if you like in short our top experiences in the lovely city of Paris:
oh we had a blast Paris. Memories were made... xoxo ELLA+RUBI
warm croissants and cafe au lait
view of the sparkling Tour d'Eiffel
Steak Frittes and Live music at a small restaurant by the Sacre Cour
the lead singer with the thick french accent that sang Neil Diamond
a night out at Hotel Costes
the room spray we brought back to remember Hotel Costes
the crazy girl barkeeper that lit the bar on fire with lighter fluid!
our #girlgang photoshoot
EVERY pattisserie we sat foot in - the desserts!!!
finding Mont Blanc - not the mountain but the dessert. google it.
shopping at Colette. Wow.
shopping at Galeries Lafayette. Wow.
shopping at MerciMerci. WowWow. ( do we need to go on about the shopping???)
lunch at Chez Hanna ( the food. MON DIEU!!)
everything about this trip was amazing. A bientot, Paris, a bientot.